Holy Moly! 37 weeks pregnant. We are so freaking close to meeting Emily.
This past week I have felt so many changes in my body. My back has begun to hurt more in different places as my uterus begins to pull down. The upper part of my belly also hurts, giving me a stinging sensation. I had my first full contraction last night, which I have learned means absolutely nothing. My dilation has not progressed since last week, so we are still sitting at about .5cm dilated with 0 effacement. This isn’t a bad thing! It just means that Emily is comfy cozy inside her home. I wish she could be comfy cozy in her bassinet, but we have a few more weeks until that happens.
Connor has officially begun his WFH (work from home) stint! Unfortunately someone in his company contracted Covid-19 2 weeks ago, so everyone is WFH, but this means he will be home well through Emily’s arrival. Side note: we are 100% fine, no symptoms, and feel GREAT besides the pregnancy. It’s nice being able to look over into the study and see him working hard at our desk, and it’s equally as nice for him to look over and see me on the couch, usually watching The Office.
While I am feeling the exhaustion, there is still stuff to do around the house. Bottles need to be washed and sterilized, one last load of her laundry needs to be done, and there is the mildest hint of clutter that needs to be taken care of. Luckily (I guess) we have the time!
- HOW FAR ALONG? 37 weeks and 2 days! Emily is close to 7lbs and is the size of a Doc Marten Boot! Where my 90’s kids at?!
- DUE DATE? September 19th.
- SIZE?: If everything matches what the doctor says, about 7lbs.
- WEIGHT GAIN? This past week I have actually lost 2lbs, making my weight this week 162lbs. I’ve gained about 15lbs so far this pregnancy, and that includes all baby weight, placenta, uterus, and whatever fat I’ve gained myself. Losing weight is normal in the last few weeks of pregnancy as your water breaks and you pee more (like 3x per hour).
- NAME? Emily Ruth Whiteley ❤
- HOW AM I FEELING?: Exhausted. I had my first “real” contraction yesterday and that alone wiped me out for the evening. Emily has slowed down her movements, but they’ve also become stronger. She is stretching from Zimbabwe to Canada! I have to pee more often, and when I cough/laugh there is intense pressure on my cervix. Does this mean baby will come soon?? NOPE! Doctor confirmed we are still less than 1cm dilated with no effacement.
- CRAVINGS?: Honestly none! I constantly want chocolate, despite the heartburn, but that is nothing new. I am currently heading up a CPK White Pizza. Am I gonna share with my husband? Probs not.
- AVERSIONS?: Everything. Literally aside from chocolate, I am never “in the mood” for a certain food.
- PHYSICAL CHANGES?: I have stretch marks appearing on my belly this past week!
- BABY MOVEMENT?: She is still going strong. Her movements have become more like rolling around rather than sharp punches and kicks. She still finds a way to dig her foot into the far side of my uterus!
- BELLY BUTTON?: Flat flat flat.
- MOST EXCITED ABOUT?: Getting this baby out of me!
- LEAST EXCITED ABOUT?: Getting this baby out of me.
- PRENATAL VITAMINS?: I am taking One A Day Women’s Prenatal Advanced Multivitamin with Brain Support. They’re great! There is a separate vitamin for Folic Acid, an important Vitamin B that promotes cell development and growth. You can find these on Amazon here!
- SKINCARE?: I have naturally veryyyy oily skin. For the first 6 months of pregnancy, my skin cleared up of any oils and acne. It was amazing! Once I hit the third trimester, my skin decided to revolt. My pores became clogged again, my skin was slick, and I didn’t know how to combat it. My sister turned me onto these products:
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser. This cleanser from Sephora is a GAME CHANGER! 1. It smells heavenly. 2. The formula of the cleanser makes my skin soft and leaves off the oils for hours. My skin already feels cleaner after using it for only a few weeks. I use it in the morning and pair it with…
- CeraVé Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This moisturizer brings back color and life into my skin. It’s not heavy and absorbs right into your pores for a healthy glow.
- At night, I use CeraVé Hydrating Facial Cleanser. This cleanser helps get all of the first and grime from throughout the day off of my face. It’s the perfect cleanser for the evening as it assists in taking off makeup, AND it’s fragrance free!
I still can’t believe we are less than 3 weeks out from her due date. Fingers crossed she comes on time!!!