Who would have thunk that we would be here? 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant! Emily is just too comfortable in there.
I had my 40+ week appointment yesterday with my wonderful OB in Westport, and everything went swimmingly… except there is still no baby, haha! Emily is a healthy and tiny little baby. She was sucking her thumb during the entire ultrasound. She is the CUTEST THING and I just can’t wait to see her outside of a (very well done) 3D image.
We have our fingers crossed that I go into labor naturally this week, but if that doesn’t happen, I will get induced late next week. There is a chance we will have an October baby!
- HOW FAR ALONG? 40 weeks and 2 days!
- DUE DATE? September 19th was her due date- we clearly passed that! She WILL however be here within the next 10 days, whether naturally or with a little help from our friend Pitocin.
- SIZE?: Emily is the size of a small pumpkin! Her ultrasound yesterday put her at around 6lb 12oz! A tiny, tiny little nugget.
- WEIGHT GAIN? Hanging around 168! In total I gained 18lbs this pregnancy.
- NAME? Emily Ruth Whiteley ❤
- HOW AM I FEELING?: Anxious. Impatient. Energetic. All of the emotions!
- CRAVINGS?: Chocolate Fudge Poptarts. Pickles. Salt and Vinegar chips. 7 layer dip but without the beans, lettuce, and olive… so 4 layer dip. Really just guacamole.
- AVERSIONS?: Honestly everything, even the above. My stomach has been totally messed up the past few weeks.
- PHYSICAL CHANGES?: Just more stretch marks! Another new discovery this week- my hair has gained a lotttttt of blonde in it these past 9 months.
- BABY MOVEMENT?: Emily goes back and forth with her movements. She has turned to just small kicks and rolls during the day, with her dance moves spiking between 6pm-10pm. She clearly has a schedule down… but is it the schedule mommy and daddy want?
- BELLY BUTTON?: Flat flat flat- except when she curls up. Then you can grab it. It’s gross, lol!
- MOST EXCITED ABOUT?: Learning and growing as parents with Connor. Having a baby is something that you can’t 100% prepare for… you learn as you go with your partner and your child.
- LEAST EXCITED ABOUT?: Right now? Nothing. I am just taking one day at a time and relishing in the fact that I am having a child with the man I love.
- PRENATAL VITAMINS?: I am taking One A Day Women’s Prenatal Advanced Multivitamin with Brain Support. They’re great! There is a separate vitamin for Folic Acid, an important Vitamin B that promotes cell development and growth. You can find these on Amazon here!
- SKINCARE?: I have naturally veryyyy oily skin. For the first 6 months of pregnancy, my skin cleared up of any oils and acne. It was amazing! Once I hit the third trimester, my skin decided to revolt. My pores became clogged again, my skin was slick, and I didn’t know how to combat it. My sister turned me onto these products:
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser. This cleanser from Sephora is a GAME CHANGER! 1. It smells heavenly. 2. The formula of the cleanser makes my skin soft and leaves off the oils for hours. My skin already feels cleaner after using it for only a few weeks. I use it in the morning and pair it with…
- CeraVé Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This moisturizer brings back color and life into my skin. It’s not heavy and absorbs right into your pores for a healthy glow.
- At night, I use CeraVé Hydrating Facial Cleanser. This cleanser helps get all of the first and grime from throughout the day off of my face. It’s the perfect cleanser for the evening as it assists in taking off makeup, AND it’s fragrance free!
- SUPPLEMENTS?: I have recently partnered with Mary Ruth Organics! I began taking their Vitamin C supplements (orange and vanilla flavored) once per day. Vitamin C is found in various types of food, but is very commonly used as a supplement during cold and flu season. I usually take a vitamin C pill supplement when sick, but have recently begun using Mary Ruth Organics. Note: Mary Ruth Organics are not verified by the Food and Drug Administration. Their products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We are officially OVERDUE! Fingers crossed she arrives naturally this week ❤